To carry out essential maintenance/servicing of a variety of hydraulic, pneumatic, torque & electrical equipment, diagnose technical problems and repair or replace parts that are subject to wear.
Key Result Areas/Principal Responsibilities
- Completion of inspection of equipment assigned by the Workshop Foreman ensuring that all equipment is thoroughly inspected and the relevant job card completed both neatly and accurately.
- Repairs a variety of hydraulic, pneumatic, torque & electrical equipment as assigned by the Workshop Foreman.
- Ensures all equipment repairs and refurbishments are carried out safely and to the standards set by the Company.
- Ensures the maintenance of equipment is carried out to the required standard.
- From time to time work at customer locations as part of the company’s on-site services. This work is dependent on the contracts that the company has in hand at any given time.
- Prepares repair quotations and job cards as instructed by the Workshop Foreman.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Workshop Foreman so that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk.
- Other tasks as deemed reasonable by the company which fall within your competencies.
- Complies with all company rules including all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience and personal attributes required
- Engineering, Technical or Mechanical background.
- Previous technical or mechanical working experience.
- Hardworking, conscientious and must be able to carry out all aspects of the role.
- Results Focus – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Gets the job done.
- Communicating & Listening – The capacity to listen to others and ensure effective verbal
and written communication.
- Teamwork – Works well with teams and contributes to team activities. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals.
- Customer Focus – Constantly strives to provide a high level of customer service to external
as well as internal clients.
Dimensions and Decision Making
- To complete all repair and maintenance service requests as assigned.
Remuneration and Benefits Details
- 20 days annual leave per annum rising to 25 after each complete year of service plus bank holidays
- Life Cover – 2 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – 3% contribution from employee and employer
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail Discounts
- Long Service Loyalty Award
- Buying or selling of holiday (up to 2 days)
- Company Bonus Scheme